Give yourself a natural beauty treatment and save money at the same time by making your own home made face masks. Face masks can give your skin a glowing complexion and you can choose which ingredients will suit your skin. Your kitchen is probably full of fruits and vegetables which are not only good for your diet but good for your skin too. Have a look at the following for ideas:
Berry & Yogurt Home Made Face Mask
Berries and yogurt will leave your face feeling radiant, here is how to make and apply this mask:
1. Add two table spoons for Yogurt and two table spoons of honey in to a blender and blend until they are completely mixed together.
2. Add about a quarter cup of your favourite berries such as strawberries or blueberries in to the blender and blend until you have a smooth paste texture.
3. Cleanse your skin and dry before applying the face mask.
4. Apply the face mask to your face by using your fingers. Leave for about 10-15 minutes and then wash off with warm water and dry.
Turmeric Home Made Face Mask
Turmeric has been used since ancient times in India as a beauty treatment for bright and glowing skin for the face and body. Turmeric is full of antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory and helps skin that is prone to breakouts. It is still popular today and is easy to make:
1. Add a quarter cup of chickpea flour and one and a half tablespoons of turmeric and mix well.
2. To this mixture add a few drops of almond oil (other natural oils can also be used) and a few teaspoons of water and mix until you get a smooth paste.
3. Apply the face mask to a clean face with your fingers. Leave it on your face for about 10-15 mins until it is dry, then wash off with warm water.
Turmeric can stain so be careful not to wear your best clothes when trying out this recipe!
Avocado Home Made Face Mask
Avocados are great for making a face mask because they have antioxidants which can help with anti aging. How to make an Avocado face mask:
1. Peel the avocado and remove the pulp.
2. Mash the pulp and mix well.
3. You can add a teaspoon of lemon if you have oily skin.
4. Spread the mixture on to your face and gently massage it in. Leave on for about 10 mins and then wash with warm water.